Saturday, January 15, 2011

Can Stairclimbing improve my Running Performance?

Q: I am a runner who has completed a few road races, and just this last fall I finished my first half marathon. I now want to better my time for 2011. Is stairclimbing going to help me run faster?

A: Great Question! Yes stairclimbing will help improve your stairclimbing.

One of the main reasons that climbing stairs improves your running performance is that you are developing your fast twitch muscle fibers which allow for a more powerful stride in running.

In addition, by climbing stairs you vastly improve the strength of your core (abdominals, and trunk musculature) which will help you in maintaining correct running form over longer distances which will improve times drastically.


For a full explanation of why stairclimbing is so wonderful for runners, please check out our Blog that specifically talks about the benefits to runners!

Thanks for the great question!

No comments:

Post a Comment